Thursday, April 23, 2020

Tarudi

T is for Tarudi



Dear Tarudi

I always believed you. Every time you told me. Every single day ."This too shall pass."

But it did not pass. Not for a single minute in all these 3 years.

I wish I had not waited for it to pass.

Had I known it would be so  easy, I would have not lived with disgust. Do you know how suffocating it is to be surrounded with so much filth, so much crap all around you ?

Why did you drill this acceptance, this complacency into me? I looked up to you Tarudi and you let me down.

So Tarudi, let me tell you You can do it yourself and not just wish, "This too shall pass."

Love

Saloni

7 comments:

Arti said...

Arti, your last post and this one remind me of a Thai short film I had seen many moons ago. I can't remember the title, but the wife gets her revenge in a very dark and disturbing way--husband lives but without a leg...don't want to give more details or I may spoil it for you. The last scene knocks the air out of you when you realise what's been done.

Sonia Dogra said...

I hear Saloni

my space said...

@ Arti Pls share the name when you recollect..

@ Sonia I am glad you do

A Lady Lawyer said...

Awww this makes me so sad. Apart from your lovely work of fiction, I do hope that everything we are facing shall pass!
www.nooranandchawla.com

Nisha said...

Is killing someone easy? What if she gets caught? Maybe it does not matter to her after living through hell, but it is certainly not easy.

Ira Mishra said...

My guess was right :) Thank god she realised sooner or later!

my space said...

@ Noor I believe it will...this is just Saloni`s interpretation

@Nisha No .it is not. Life is not easy..

@ Iraa..She did :-)