Tuesday, April 27, 2021

 

W is for Waheeda

 

 

and then he kicks me out of the door

slams it shut on my face

i sit shivering in the cold

the chai wala gives me a steaming cup of tea

why do you argue?

i look at him wordlessly.

on such nights I also wonder

why do I argue? protest?

nothing changes.

every time it happens

 i spend a night on the street

waiting by the door

till next morning

he opens the door and drags me in

why do I argue? protest?

nothing changes.




This year, I'm participating in #BlogchatterA2Z  powered by theblogchatter.com


6 comments:

Srivalli Rekha said...

Things would surely change the day she didn't wait outside the door.
A poignant piece as always.

Arti said...

Maybe, it's time to shed the victim mode.

SG said...

Why put up with such a person? If the shoe does not fit, throw it away.

Pradeep Nair said...

If one thinks nothing changes, nothing changes.
If one thinks something can be changed, there is change, for the better.

Ira Mishra said...

Again... I know this to be a true story... But one day she didn't protest anymore... As she walked away when the door closed.

my space said...

@Srivalli- if only she had the courage

@Arti It is.

@SG I like the thought...tough though sometimes

@Pradeep So true

@Ira I am so glad she walked away